Gogolevsky Boulevard

Gogolevsky Boulevard is a boulevard near the Arbat District, named after the writer Nikolai Gogol

Gogolevsky boulevard
pinterest button

The boulevard begins near Kropotkin Metro Station and Kropotkin Square next to the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, and is the beginning of the Boulevard Ring.

Gogolevsky boulevard in Moscow
pinterest button Gogolevsky boulevard in Moscow Panther, GNU 1.2

Kropotkin Square used to be the location of Belyi Gorod's Chertolsky Gate, which in 1658 were named the Prechistensky (lit. 'Immaculate') as the street leads to Novodevichy Convent.

The rich architecture of Gogolevsky Boulevard
pinterest button The rich architecture of Gogolevsky Boulevard Fisss, Public Domain

Prior to 1924, the boulevard was called Pretchistensky but then was renamed Gogolevsky after the famous Russian writer.

Corner of Gogolevsky Boulevard and Sivtsev Vrazhek
pinterest button Corner of Gogolevsky Boulevard and Sivtsev Vrazhek NVO, GNU 1.2

The boulevard runs north-east and ends at the Arbat Square, from where it continues as Nikitsky Boulevard.